- 5 Sheet Arena Curling Ice Experience
- Largest All Woman’s World Curling Tour Event East of Toronto in Canada
- November 1-4 – North Grenville Curling Club Located here in Kemptville, Ontario
- Team entry fee – $750. All entry fees collected are paid out in prize money
- To register a team – Registration
- Based on 24 teams – minimum purse $21,000
- Winner $6,000 Runner-Up $4,000 3-4 $2,500 5-8 $1,500
- Format – Modified Triple Knockout with an eight-team playoff on Championship Sunday
- Preliminary Round draws begins at 9:15 am Thursday continue Friday & Saturday
- Championship Sunday – Q-Finals 9:00 am, Semi-Finals 12:30 pm, Final 3:30 pm
- Post game snacks for teams after games
- Day pass $10, Event pass $15, persons 17 and under admitted free
History of the event:
The Royal LePage Women’s Fall Classic began in November 2006 as a 20-team event with prize money of $10,000.
Over the years, the event has attracted many of the best women’s teams from across Canada. In 2017 the Classic became a truly Canada-wide event with entries from British Columbia to Newfoundland/Labrador. The event also has had quite an international flavour, drawing teams from the United States, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan, Scotland and the Great Britain Olympic team.
It would not be possible to list all the provincial champions that have played in the Classic, but a couple of Canadian teams deserve special mention. The Mary-Anne Arsenault team from Nova Scotia – Mary-Anne was part of the legendary team skipped by Colleen Jones that won five Canadian Championships and two world titles. We are also proud the only two-time winner of the Classic Ottawa’s Rachel Homan has won two Canadian Championships and one world title, plus represented Canada at the 2018 Olympic Women’s Curling Competition.
Many of the skips of the international teams have become household names over the years on the World Curling Tour including Scotland’s Eve Muirhead, Switzerland’s Silvana Tirinzoni, Manuela Siegreist, Alina Patz and Nadine Lehman, Russia’s Victoria Moiseeva, Sweden’s Anna Hasselborg, Japan’s Tori Koena and Ayumi Ogasawara and from the United States Debbie McCormick, Patti Lank, Erika Brown, Nina Ross and Jamie Sinclair (a former Manotick Curling Club Member).
We are particularly proud to note that of the ten countries participating in the 2018 Olympic Women’s Curling Competition, six – Canada, United States, Sweden, Switzerland, Great Britain and Russia – were represented by teams with players that have played in Fall Classic, including Canada’s Rachel Homan, and the Gold medal winning team, Anna Hasselborg, from Sweden.
Previous Winners of Royal Lepage Women’s Fall Classic